Integrative Aromatherapy® Certificate Program
The purpose of this activity is to enable the learner to incorporate professional aromatherapy care to support personal and client wellness with an end-goal to integrate the skilled use of essential oils in health care, utilizing the nursing process.
Summary of Learner Objectives
Participants will understand how essential oils work therapeutically, the underlying science that supports their evidence-based applications, how to perform clinical intake assessments, develop integrative plans of holistic care, and create individualized therapeutic blends to integrate aromatherapy in a private practice or clinical setting. The specific learner objectives are provided at the beginning of each lesson in the manual.
This Certificate Program includes a unique and extensive study of the art, science and bio-energetics of essential oils and their uses with an emphasis in:
- Principles of Holism, Integrative Medicine and Ethics
- Essential Oil Chemistry
- A Body-Systems Approach to Essential Oil Therapy: Integumentary; Respiratory, Olfaction and the Central Nervous System; Circulatory & Lymphatic; Gastro-Intestinal; Muscular-Skeletal; Reproductive & Urinary
- Case Studies with Holistic Consultation and Synergy Blending Procedures
- Ethno-botany Origins of Medicine
- 100 Essential Oil Profiles
- Principles of Research in Aromatherapy
- Aromatic Embrocation Techniques
- Holistic Family Health
- Long-term Care, Hospice and Cancer Support
- Personal Business Development
The all-inclusive program comes complete with all you need to complete your independent study and thirty-six (36) at-home blending practicums in creating twenty (20) aromatherapy products for personal use. You will use your own supply of pure essential oils for the case studies.
- Program Manuals, Two Volumes
- Program Textbooks:
- The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy/S. Battaglia, 2nd Edition, 2002.
- Aromatherapy: A Holistic Guide to Natural Healing with Essential Oils/V. Cooksley, 2015.
- 100 Essential Oil Profiles
- 50 Essential Oils, 0.5 – 1ml vial samples
- Practicum Blending Supplies: aloe vera, green clay, almond oil, fractionated coconut oil, castor oil, wool flannel, aroma inhaler, perfume roll-on applicator, incense, bottles/jars, scent strips, pipettes, & labels
- Homework forms – with electronic templates
Successful Completion Requirements for CNE (Continuing Nursing Education):
- Completion of all coursework: 20 Case Studies (10 Basic, 10 Advanced), 2 Essential Oil Profiles, 2 Intervention Guidelines, 10 page Theme Paper, 36 Independent Blending Practicums and completion of Summary Form
- Achieving passing score on post-test (Passing score is: 80 %)
- Completion of Program Evaluation
- To be completed within 12 months
The Integrative Aromatherapy® Certificate Program is approved by the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) for Levels 1, 2 and 3 curriculums.
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Approved to award 320 contact hours through June 28, 2021.
Approval for contact hours through the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA) is based on an assessment of the educational merit of this program and does not constitute endorsement of the use of any specific modality in the care of clients.
This program can be applied to the American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation’s (AHNCC) holistic continuing nursing education contact hour requirements to apply for, or renew, Holistic Nursing Board Certification.
Laraine Pounds is an Approved Provider of Continuing Education with the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB), Provider #330, approved to award 325 educational contact hours for Licensed Massage Therapists. Laraine Pounds, CMT, is sponsored by NCBTMB to teach New York LMTs continuing education that is accepted by the state of New York for license renewal.
The Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals offers graduates professional liability insurance coverage.
Graduates qualify to sit for the Aromatherapy Registration Council/ARC national examination.
Financial and Conflict of Interest (COI) Disclosure:
Laraine Pounds, RN, MSN, BSN, CMT, Aromatherapy Certified, discloses she has no financial interest, arrangement or affiliation with any companies that would constitute a conflict of interest relative to the content of this educational activity.